Thursday, October 11, 2012

Awkward Presence

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.
Psalm 37:7 NLT
At first I'm thinking that I've read this before. David has said this before. Probably because its hard to be still in the presense of the Lord. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I can't but think of a musician. I'm also reminded of shooting video. Both people can't allow the viewer to feel what they feel. One thing  I find hilarious is when photos are shown on facebook of people singing. Every time I see them, I'm thinking. "you had to be there". That's why I got into video. I love to capture people in action, musicians are the best though, when I can capture a moment of a musician doing a solo or wherever they're at in a song and make them look really cool, I feel I've brought the audience into their music presence. Whenever I've shot video and edited it, and can draw the audience into the way I want them to feel, I've drawn them into the presence of that message. It's so psychological. I remember when I was working on a mens retreat video this year. I was searching for pictures about depression, anxiety, fear. How can I tell when someones afraid? how can anyone tell? When I sit down to blog or turn music on in the car, I'm entering into the presence of oldies, entertainment, worship, or whatever mood i'm trying to put myself into. When its with God, it can be anything. Sometimes I need to be exersizing to hear Him, sometimes I need to be still, or really angry about life. But whatever it is, I'm in his presence it whatever way he chose for me at the moment. Sometimes its me knocking my pride down that he's trying to get my attention. what is the presence of the Lord? For me it's when I'm shooting video, when I'm in the car dreaming of a video I could make, it's the moment when I think I've got nothing left go give, but Him. Hits me, sure I won't understand a musicians passion for their music on stage, they'll look really funny at times. I'll look really weird when I'm shooting video and getting my angles and people watching me will be like "what is he doing?". Yet we're all in His presence in our own way. In our own way, we wait patiently. He's acting in the way that's best for us at the moment. To other's it looks awkward, but to each us, its His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?