Friday, October 26, 2012

Jack of all trades, master of none

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19 NLT

At first as always I really am not sure what to think. As I read further and further, it's like do I think God's capable of doing different things? I live in a society of special needs I feel. It's like of people who are all just of one mind. What to you want to do for your career? I ask a high schooler. Or I meet someone's dad and ask him what he does for a living. Then my same view goes to God. But God has so much more to him that I don't know. Yet I feel he's only out to save people or out to heal, provide. my mind is somewhat right. So many times, I'm in the mind set of fix it. Then theres the phrase "jack of all trades master of none." That's I find myself viewing anyone. Some people are just smart and know alot but they have their weakness. God doesn't, there's absolutely nothing he doesn't know. How many times have i wanted software downloaded into me so I'll just know stuff (like on the matrix). Here's God jack of all trades master of all. He's the only one, then why don't I believe that and live that. I find my control issue is in just thinking light and simple solutions of the given situation, so I don't freak. Yet God wants me to really give him my frustrations, my urgency. I find myself living a lie of surfacey thankfulness when possibly inside, I'm angry, hurt, and bitter. You could tell me anything and I won't be offended because I've already been hurt, so big deal. Fire me, whats the big deal? Sure i can be numb, but that still isn't giving it up to God, it's just a coping mechanism. Just give me a storage unit for my problems, and another one for next month, because for my issues I need to access my past in order to cope. When God notifies me of these things. I can just see him shaking his head and giggling a bit. He's giving me that look "you are funny, I already freed you". Hits me, sure I can strive to be a jack of all trades even if there just my problems in life. Or I can give them to master of everything. He'll remind me when I forget and go back to my empty box. But I'll still keep hacking away at it through these blogs I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?