Thursday, October 4, 2012

Patient endurance

“God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12 NLT

Have I read this before? I'm not sure. The first thing that come's to my mind is "Oh really!". This is fascinating. This is like, only the strong survive. Only those left will win. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I'm reminded of many things with this one. Tempations is such a hidden help it seems. It's that moment in the movie, where the audience doesn't want the character to do something because they know it was a setup. Yet its that recovery from temptation that brings your friends to rescue you. So I need temptation to grow it seems. I'm reminded of Indiana Jones in the Raiders of the Lost Ark. At the end of the movie when they open the ark. Indy says "don't look at it, whatever you do keep your eyes shut!" Would i have done that? Do I love God enough that I won't look what I think is the right light? At times I do and at times I don't. It was this thing of humility in Raiders. Marion actually listened to the simple advice and didn't look, everyone else died. I read and think. This is the big thing that God uses to draw us to him. He doesn't use the easy stuff, he wants me, he wants all of me. So he's going to use the things that bother me the most to get me closer to him. Why? thats not fun, thats hard. When I make it through I feel free, because i accepted his freedom and gave him the battle. Then he gives me another one when I'm not expecting it, I hate it when he does that. Why can't he make it easy on me? Hits me, the only way I can grow in this life, is through my mistakes, and steps of faith. He wants me to be patient, and I'm not patient, when I'm being tested, I want it to be done. When the season is over and I've recouperated, he'll have another ready when I'm not. Its the victory he wants me to have and only through the peresverence will I experience that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?