Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tangled

Praise the Lord, everything he has created, everything in all his kingdom. Let all that I am praise the Lord.
Psalm 103:22 NLT

I can't but think of the movie Tangled. We finally saw it this last weekend. Why did it take me so long to see it. It came out in 2010 and that was not a good year for us. Susan had been wanting to see it for a long time, so finally we did on Sunday. Sip some coffee, I read and think. Rapunzel's mother is dying while giving birth to her. The only thing that can save her is a rare flower up in the mountains. The peasants find the flower which unbenownst to them has been a security flower for an old woman for years. The flower heals the mother and because of this, Rapunzel is given the ability to heal with her glowing hair. Any time she sings her hair turns glows and heals whatever it touches. But if she cuts it, the gift is gone. Nice story right? Well of course this old woman sneaks in,cuts a piece of hair off only to discover it doesn't work that way. So she just kidnapps Rapunzel. the kid is only month's old. The royal family is enraged and so to hopefully find their daughter, they send out floating lanterns every year on her birthday hoping that if she's still alive and follow them back. This goes on for 18 years, and of course Rapunzel notices this, doesn't understand it but wants to find out what this is all about. Rapunzel is joyful, delightful, just full of life, and trapped in this tower that her crazy mother refuses to let her out of. She makes the best of her situation. But what hits me in the movie was the song she sang. "When will my life begin". I read and think, she's trapped in this tower and just making the best of it but still wondering when she can really live. I was so mad at this selfish woman for kidnapping her, I was resentful. When Repunzel figures out what really happened and ends up cutting all her hair, it becomes evident what was really going on. Repunzel was ment to enjoy life, just like when she walks into the city and begins dancing with everyone. She wasn't meant to be captive in a tower. How many times have I captivated myself in my own problems, pretty much holding my life from beginning again? God wants me to be free, Repunzel could feel it, she knew something wasn't right. She was full of life, hits me. I might feel tangled at times with whatever I have going on, yet God is knocking on my heart for me step out in whatever way I need to be free. Repunzel discovered the lanterns were for her and she reunited with her parents 18 years later. Will it take me 18 years to be free, sometimes. Its all in God's timing, and i can't rush that, even if I feel tangled, he'll untangle me how and when he see's fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?