Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No God No Peace, Know God Know Peace

The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.
Psalm 29:11 NLT

when I read  something like this, I can't but think of God himself. Strength and peace come later. I can't but think of the ways I experience peace or the ways I need to experience peace. The ways that I experience strength, the ways that I need to get strength. What kind of strength do I need? physical, emotional, mental? I'm reminded of the phrase "no God no peace, know God know peace. Everyone has their own way of acquiring peace and strength and then they don't. I often ask myself, why did God even make us? He made us mortal beings because He is eternal. Just as fish can't live out of water, us humans can't live in it. We all need assistance. We all need nurturing. We can save a fish, because we keep it in a tank filled with water. How do we save ourselves? How do I save myself? I go to coffee, to save myself from being sleepy in the morning, I go to beer at night (one, I'm a light drinker) to either wake me up or reduce my anxiety (susan's hates the smell of it). I need to take a walk at times, or I need to work out to get anger out, to release stress. Sometimes I need to watch the dukes of hazard or fall asleep to braveheart or any other war movie. God gives me those insights of peace and strength. Sometimes he wants me to blog about it. He wants me in His word, which is most of the time he wants me in this word. It's the foot steps poem, during these moments, I carried you. God is strength, and is peace. In the case of the Sandy Hurricane, sure its hurricane season, but God does gives us a community washing, because in the long run we need it. In my business, I need a washing at times. A time for reorganization, a reboot, a refresh. Why so harsh with a freaking hurricane? I don't know. Hits me, I wish I didn't have to do anything to acquire strength and peace. Just as parents nurture their children, is the same as God nurturing me. I don't like what he has to say sometimes, I actually hate it at times. But just as I know to take care of animals or eat them, God supplies me with what I need, and that is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?