Sunday, October 7, 2012

Save Ferris

Who should not revere you, O King of the nations? This is your due. Among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like you.
 
The first thing that comes to my mind, is this illusion that I am bigger than God or that I can think bigger than he can. Its funny how I get stressed about a job, when in the long run its just fine. Today I'm on my birthday weekend and were staying in Tempe. Susan and I have always liked youthfulness of the place. As we were walking on Mill last night amongst the young people, I couldn't but wonder what each of these kids were going to school for. Here I was sporting my "save ferris" shirt, being aware that none of them would know what it meant. All these kids were out having a good time, so were we. Then I noticed the shops around there. How many available office spaces there were. This was the reality, sure these kids are having a good time, but they're also seeing the reality of a business trying to succeed and failing. I'm amazed of what I do, and where I want to go simply to have a good time. It's my emotions and feelings that needs help. Get out of 2 dimensional smart phone world and enter back into 4 dimension reality world. It's nice to give the eyes and the mind a break. Hits me, God made me relational, he made me to a point that I need to be around people. I can get a big head about anything, I can get misunderstood, yet there is none like God. I can have all the money I want, or be the wisest guy ever, but there is no one like God.  God works through people, he connects everyone, even when I don't think so, or feel lost, I'm really already found. It's the life of being found that free's me to have ideas and thoughts about things, to share them with others. Then when its time for peace and quiet I can reflect, but without that connection with an unchanging God, that reality is hard to see. In a way my save Ferris shirt was a symbol of freedom and believing of what is reality. I need to be saved from my own insecurities and the fake reality that I'm living in, recognize God in the forms I sometimes refuse to see Him in, and be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?