Monday, October 29, 2012

right and wrong

The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
Psalm 84:11b NLT

You know what, this verse sucks at times. Its easy when I'm in a good mood, but when I'm pissed off? forget it. These days, faith and obedience, doing the right thing, even doing what I feel is mean is really tough. But I've developed a philosophy, do the right things because in the long run you won't regret it. People are people, there's not one person out there that doesn't have issues. Sure we all drive cars in silence on the road but that's because we think we're going somewhere. When really we're just exploring a new way to think. Walk humbly with God comes to mind. Not thinking that as long I say "its going to be ok" things will be fine. And even if they are, what's around the corner? Should I be paranoid? that way bad things won't happen? Where do your draw the line? Hits me, It's a constant step of faith, it's a constant stride even when things seem great and hope is alive, I still have to be aware. I can't let my guard down. It's like thanking God for the bad circumstance and for every experience, he really wants to know how I feel, not how I'm supposed to think i need to know how I feel. Even when the right thing is forgiveness or patience or faith or leaving, it's continued obedience to God is mandatory and listening to those he's put into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?