Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Life vs. God

— Matthew 6:24 —

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
 
That's interesting. I think I do this more than I think. I'm tired this morning, with moving into a new studio, we had to go through stuff last night to in order to get it functional again. Sip some coffee, this morning as I read and think. I can't but think of the relationships I had with the girls back in either High School, college, or jr. High.  If it wasn't one girl it was another. Alot of the time, they either knew I liked them or didn't. Then I'd move on. I always knew I would get married and settle down, but back in the day it was so tough trying to figure out what was going on in a womans head. What am I kidding, it still is. Marriage is a whole other ball park.  Before marriage, a guy could be between two different women and all of them insecure with one thing in mind, fix my loneliness and give me love and companionship. Then there's the other avenue, the desire to have money and serve God too. I'm amazed when being in sales and making a big sale and being excited to go and get another one. It's this mindset I have found myself in at times back then. I wasn't lonely, sure i was poor, but I didn't love God the way that I knew He should be loved, therefore i didn't love myself the way He does. I found myself loving video because it was something I could grow in, why not God?. Am I serving two masters, God and Video? Or is God using Video to draw me to Him? Is money the reason that i go to work? Sure, or it is, and yes I have hated it before. Have i been upset with God for not making me money? Yes i have, because i have bills to pay. Hits me, just as a guy girl relationship can upset me, is the same as a God money relationship can discourage me. I have to trust God with both. They are both very challenging. I don't know what's going to happen with either. When I was single, I wanted the girl when I wanted her and I wanted her to like me. All the girls i pursued took way too long to show interest. 3 weeks, is too long,  I needed them to like me with an answer within 3 days. Fortunately my wife was just like that. I've never had a love for money, however I have hated it, because I've needed it and it wasn't there. God is a God of provision in his own way, and I need to trust Him. He doesn't like competition, whether it be a girl or money. He wants to show me what He can do, its really hard at times to keep following Him, when I don't like His timing, but its for the best and He always show's me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?