Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yes Man

Yes, Adam's one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone.
Romans 5:18 NLT
I'm not sure what this is talking about. It's totally contrasting itself yet. I'm amazed of how one year can go by. I was researching a while back, of what a year was in the bible. It was way shorter due to how new the earth was I think. I don't feel like going back and researching it again. As I sip some of the starbucks coffee, Susan got for me for my birthday, I have to think of how God had this whole earth planned out, and yet how it seems at times like He didn't, then how He totally does. Condemnation to righteousness? It's the last shall be first and the first shall be last, the weird one in school is the genius. I'm reminded of the Jim Carrey in Yes-man. A movie Susan and i saw a few years back (kind of raunchy). He's this depressed guy who has given up on life until he runs into an old college buddy, who persuades him to join a self help group about saying Yes more often. Carl takes it to the extreme and just starts saying yes to everything for a year, which is not what the leader of the clan meant. This changes Carls life. I have a problem of saying yes, I say it too much, I need to say no more often. He got into a few pickles but really came out better in the long run. I am living in Adams sinful condemnation, the result of it. How many times have I by habit just beat myself up for doing something stupid? Not talking to someone because I didn't feel ready or worthy. Why can't i just talk? When I write these blogs, I feel that I just need to start typing and not think and ponder so much. Sure I read and think but not too much. I probably shouldn't have said that. Carl was really stuck until he chose to say yes. Why can't I say yes to Christ when He's freed me to so long ago. When he just wants me to type or be me. Hits me, Carl's life was definitely changed by saying yes, he left his condemned life behind and became the person he truly liked, it took a big step of yes lets do this. Christ only wants to live in me, the right way, and give me new life, the life He as for everyone, in whatever way he chooses, in His timing, His way, I'll say yes to that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?