Sunday, October 19, 2014

the Face of Video

For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:6 NLT

At first I'm thinking, it's another light verse, and I haven't had my coffee yet. I'm tired this morning, well, I'm always tired. Got my coffee.

Sip some coffee, I read and think. This is pretty strong, not the coffee, but the verse. I'm reminded of how I light a video shoot. It's really critical of how I do it.  I do it all on location and it gets everyones attention. People start taking pictures, they ask me how I got into this. I have to move things around in a room and make a whole environment. I have to change theirs. I have to explain where I want them to sit or stand, I also have questions to ask. Whats my point with this verse? Christ wants my heart, in video, I want their heart, in order to get that, I have create a new environment that they may have forgotten about, I have to give them a new face, a new light. I have to ask them questions that are going to make them think about their companies in a way they haven't before. I do this, so I can piece their business together, so that people on the web will know what they do. How many times have I been lost in my own sinful ways? I haven't forgotten about God, but His light is really dim,  I'm trying to keep up with other things and not Him. He's my new environment, He's the 3 point light kit that makes me pop out in a scene so people can hear what my business or my life is all about. It's crazy when I have to ask people in a company if I can redo their entire area in order to get the right shot. They say, sure! Why can't I let God do that to me? I'm amazed of how many people he's put into my life, to give me this new face He wants me to have. It's a face of no fear, it's a face of confidence, a face of honesty and integrity, it's a new look, that at times I don't believe is possible to have.

Hits me, everyday there's a new opportunity for a new face of video. It's wherever I go, whatever I do. I'm going to mess up things and feel stupid. It doesn't matter though,  Christ will shine through in His own way, not mine. People will impact me in a way they never thought, and I'll do the same without knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?