Saturday, December 8, 2012

We were never meant to be glorified

I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God.
 
At first I'm thinking, Have I read this one before? I think I have. It's pretty clever. I find that acknowledging someone is alot easier than acknowledging God. Why is that? Yet I find myself doing it alot. Sip some coffee, I read and think. It's the scene from elf when the manager announces that Santa will be there the next day. Elf just cheers in excitement and everyone just stares, as if he's so weird. He didn't care though. I'm also reminded of a christmas carol. Where scrooges nephew and employee didn't care of what scrooge thought of their enthusiasm of the holiday. Then I keep on thinking about what keeps me from acknowledging Him?  It's the balance of the creative side and the logical side. The balance of right brain and the left brain. Where's the bridge? For some people, this is really challenging. I remember when I was growing up, how hard it was to give credit to people. It just seemed weird. Now as an adult, if I don't give credit to where credits due, its disrespectful. When editing a video, acknowledging people in the credits a is a very big deal. I'm also reminded of a phrase I made up almost 20 years ago. "We were never meant to be glorified". We can't handle being glorified. It's weird when some acknowledges me. I don't know what to do with it. It's like I get stage fright. Like when I played basketball, I got such stage fright when i was on the court. I couldn't focus, I'd get the ball and it was like I was scared. Like I didn't know what to do. Put me in back of a sound board and I'm fine. I basicly wasn't designed for basketball. Kinkel's just don't play sports. We're good at indepedant stuff, like volleyball, running, gymnastics, etc. Hits me, God designed me to glory Him, not the other way around. Its tough because I find myself beating myself up instead of having confidence. It's evident in main stream media when someone becomes a megastar over night. The public is acknowledging them, because the public love's new talent. But the talent can't handle that. We're not supposed to, its not in our programming to be handle accreditation but in God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?