Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Iron Man: [as the fight begins] Call it, Cap!

Hebrews 6:10-12
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.  We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.  We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
 
I'm not sure what to think of these. I've done lots of work God in my life and never thought of people seeing it. I never cared. Now that I have a family, I charge money for it. With my a.d.d. I often feel invisible. This helps when I'm operating a camera. I also wear black all of the time but simply due to the industry I work in. People do see me though and it doesn't bother me. I have to do what I have to do, to get that shot. And now, I find I need to show that footage quickly. sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of the super heros. I'm reminded of spiderman, the incredibles, the avengers, all those guys. These people who freely just wanted to help humanity and make the world a safe place to live.

The ending fight scene from the avengers comes to mind.

Iron Man: [as the fight begins] Call it, Cap!
Captain America: Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal our priority's containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash.
Hawkeye: [to Iron Man] Want to give me a lift?
Iron Man: Right. Better clench up, Legolas.
[Iron Man takes Hawkeye up to the roof]
Captain America: Thor, you gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow 'em down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up.
[Thor swings his hammer and flies off and Captain America turns to Black Widow]
Captain America: You and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk? Smash!
[the Hulk grins and jumps away]

 I look at these guys, and their all simply using their talents to help make the world a safer place. I'm amazed of how often I only look at my family and seek to protect it. I've done years of service in church with no thought of credit. Sometimes I did feel that God wasn't watching. But did I do it for the right reason or simply because I wanted it done. I'm surprised of how long God will let me make a mistake in order for me to see it His way. It feels right at the time but not wholesome. Yet He'll allow it. Where do my abilities belong? Do I belong?

Hits me, God wants me to put my all in until the very end, He knows my heart and motive, He knows who I really am, especially when I feel misunderstood. The Avengers were all different characters but kept their goal secure. They knew who they were. I must live for who God made me to be, especially when I don't believe it and doubt it  and start becoming lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?