Saturday, December 14, 2013

Girl Most Likely

Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.

Hebrews 13:5 NLT

At first I'm thinking, I don't love money, then I see God will never fail you or abandon you. It's an interesting thing. I would expect it to read more don't love money, because God doesn't like that. Instead hits upon the fear factor of abandonment and failing. Is that really what it is? Failing and feeling alone without money? It's weird because I have my dreams of what I need and want. I'm reminded of the movie "girl most likely" with Kristin Wig. We redboxed it the other night. It's about a girl who's a great play writer but for some reason after landing a great job, her mind goes blank and she ends up getting fired, then gets dumped by her boyfriend and goes home to her mom. She then finds out her dad never died and begins to hunt for him. She learns that he's a successful author but only wants to help her with money and not have a relationship. Even though her mom and other family are crazy, she learns that the best story for a play is right in front of her.

Hits me, sure who doesn't want to be famous? The more I grow in my company the more I learn its not about the money but about connections and integrity in my work. It's relying on God with my family and keeping it simple. I'm amazed of how the enemy gets in to tell me other wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?