Wednesday, December 4, 2013

American Dream

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.

Psalm 37:3 NLT

At first I'm thinking, its a trust in the Lord scripture. It's almost common sense, then why is this so difficult? Sip some coffee, I read and think. It's like the American Dream, live safely and prosper. Have the white picket fence, kids play while the parents watch.  The news can't speak of God. They refer to God as "mother nature". They speak of "thoughts and prayers". It's the jagged line of success. It's funny how I can dress nice and appear to be successful, I can dress down and appear to be poor. That was a trick the millionaires would pull on us in retail. It was the guys in Hawaiian t-shirts that had the money. It was the people who were on their break that were dressed up. It's a judgement thing too. If people aren't living safely and prospering they aren't trusting in God. How stupid is that? God wants me to bloom where I'm planted, even if I get trampled on. It's about being apart of the community I am placed in. I can't stress about my business, that's Gods too. The more I surrender that to God, the more insight I get. Prosperity isn't just obeying God, its looking at what I've got through His eyes and seeing the potential in it.

Hits me, obedience is tough. Especially when I get hit. The American Dream is a state of mind, its in the moment, it's trusting in God and reflecting that to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?