Friday, December 27, 2013

Weird and Unusual

Micah 7:18-20
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. You will be faithful to Jacob, and show love to Abraham, as you pledged on oath to our ancestors in days long ago.
 
At first I'm thinking, I know I've read this before. It's more evidence for why I can trust God. God is specialized for the weird and the unusual, it's those things I tend to laugh at or validate about. Since I'm so selfish, I don't get or understand this. I keep on thinking that God never gets angry but I guess he does, just not for long. I'm reminded of It's a Wonderful life. I watching it today. when clarence asks the senior angel what's george's problem. Maybe sickness, but it was discouragement. They considered it worse.  I admit I don't have a problem with discouragement. I tend to never give up. But when I do get discouraged, it's bad. Its crazy how zoned out I get. Like its eternal, like i'm in despair. I know there's a way out. I stick to my sin and transgression for some reason.



Hits me, these blogs suck, why do i not want to confide in God? I can hold on to everything thats painful and be miserable or I can accept his forgiveness even if I don't know what I'm doing. It took clarence giving George a look at what it would be like without him. this changed him from discouragement to value his life. It's like eating the right foods, it's like making the smart decisions. It hurts, it goes against what I really want to do, but I need to do it. Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?