Sunday, December 11, 2016

A story written by God

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:14 NIV

At first I'm thinking, It's Christmas time, so bible gateway is putting christmas verses on here. Then i'm thinking of how simple God made it for us to be saved. It's 4:21 am right now and I can't sleep, I just was able to put my youngest 1 year and 4 months back to bed. I can't sleep. I should have some coffee but. The virgin part sticks out to me today. I keep on seeing this and it has always passed me by. God wants me to clearly understand over and over that Jesus was supernatural. His mom and dad did not have sex and get pregnant with him. In this era that would be crazy. I would feel bad for all the moms that can't get pregnant. Why Mary? Then I read and think. The Lord himself is the first thing here. See I missed the whole point. It's God who directs this, but what do I see? I see the unimportant part. I get so concerned about being fair and why a son, and Immanuel, that I'm not seeing the big picture, that God himself did this whole thing.

It's like watching a movie. I wonder who directed this, who wrote this story? Is it the way they intended, or am I watching what they had to live with at the end. As a producer, there are selected clips and videos that I have made that i am happy with. Here God, the writer and director planned that Mary would conceive the savior of the world. In this day and age, go to a lab, but no, she just was pregnant. I have a blowup nativity scene i bought from Home Depot this year. My neighbors have the frosty and some other fun blow up christmas things as well.

I hits me, God is simple and I'm complicated. He wants me to accept Immanuel regardless of how I feel and what I have done to claim not to deserve him. He did not appear all the sudden, he was born in a very unsanitary, homeless, vulnerable environment. That screams for a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?