Monday, July 25, 2011

Don't rush me

“I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands.” Psalm 119:60 NLT

How many times have I procrastinated on this one? Easier said than done. I read and I think, I read and I think, I read and I think.  Uh, Nathan it's pretty simple. It hits me, this isn't as much about jumping to my feet without delay as it is about how well I know and respect the one giving the command.  I'm a thinker, I'm analyzer, I like to plan things out and coordinate them strategically so that everything fits into place.  I don't like to be rushed, don't push me.  Give me the facts and I'll study them, and if I see I need to take action, I'll take action.  I like to have control and know what's going on.  Then I feel God tell me, "Who's commands are you obeying? Mine or yours?  Then I find, in time, the more I know God, the easier it is to trust him completely, which causes me to hurry without delay. Man, I'm so insecure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?