Thursday, July 28, 2011

Out of Shape

“I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” Philippians 3:14 NLT

At first I'm reminded of my days of running cross country in High School with this analogy. As I read this again and again I discover that Christ showed us how to press on by his sacrifice, and then how many times I either gave up and joined the sidelines, got out of the race for a bit, didn't pace myself with other runners, didn't reveal my weaknesses, was out of shape, drank coke instead of water before hand and cramped up, ended up running the wrong way. And this morning, our 2 year old wakes up at 2 am, wants milk and water then refuses both, and finally goes back to sleep at 4:45 and we have a busy day ahead. Yet with Christ's example still there waiting for me, God shows me who he is through these circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?