Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The F word

“[Great Examples of Faith] Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.” Hebrews 11:1 NLT

I always think of "a christmas story" when I see this word.  The "F" word, the F dash dash dash dash word.  The Queen mother of them all. Or on Indiana Jones "It's time to ask yourself, what you believe?"oh sure, you read these nice positive words "confidence, hope, will actually happen, assurance". That doesn't make it any easier. especially when your daughter has a rare health condition or you get word you have to gut the apartment within two days so they can replace the carpet with tile.  For some reason  I find myself being tested in the areas I am so weak in. Why can't it be easier? Faith you'll keep your new job. The more I trace my mind about this word, it hits me about how complicated I'm making it.  Then it hits me, that if I keep my communication (yelling or peaceful) with God and His word priority (not easy when raising a toddler), I find He is my confidence, and assurance, and opens my eyes to see the things I didn't see and the F word isn't as scary anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?