Thursday, February 14, 2013

Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while - Westley

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance

1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT

At first I'm thinking, what am I at? a wedding? Oh the love chapter. I'm tired this morning. Happy Valentines Day! Sip some coffee, I read and think. I can't but think of Christ when I read this. How He is like this mentor, the one to look upon for strength and energy. He never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and has endured through everything. Yet I struggle to trust Him at times. Then I think of how much He points out to me that fact that I need Him. Then I look at how much society has pulled me away from him, then I see how evident society has made Him to be the only true God. I read this and say, I am very much like this. I read and think. I'm reminded of the Princess Bride. When Wesley said "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." How many times have I really felt dead to God? many. I felt God's love for me, but not my love for Him. The circumstances that God has put me in, have caused me to feel dead. Sure I'm optimistic and plow through them, wondering what I'm going to learn, but it's like I'm drained being with Him and just moving with it. Christian music is blan, church is foggy, I turn the station whenever I hear christian music. Westley was thought to be dead, but he told Buttercup he would always come for her. He did, as soon Vizzini kidnapped her, Westley was the first on the scene. He was so casual about it too. Even before facing the machine. Even after they brought him back to life, he was after Buttercup. Death couldn't hold him back. Buttercap had given up, yet she still loved him.

Hits me, sure I will feel dead with God, knowing that He loves me. I can be blind to the fact that he's right there and He loves me. He's instilled inside me a faith, not give up, and be hopeful especially when I feel dead. Death won't stop His love, because he conquered it. And the delay that seems at times to be eternity is only growing me in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?