Thursday, February 14, 2013

Life's Production

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:13 NLT

At first I'm thinking that I've already wrote about this one. But I haven't. I've known this verse since Jr. High. Sip some coffee,  I read and think. Everything through Christ sticks out. However, I act this out backwards and say "help me do what I'm trying to do".   It's like trying to jam an rca cable into hdmi slot. It's like I'm stuck in my old ways, and I want strength. I find I lack confidence in areas that I have failed in. God wants me to pursue these areas and trust Him. I don't like to, because of failure. I can trust him in many other areas and be fine. Yet other things, I just drop the ball on. I read and think.

Whats crazy about scripture, is that I can easily misread it. When is Christ giving me strength? when I'm doing everything? As I read more of the Philippians 4, I find that God has put me into situations that have caused me to endure all kinds of things, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Usually these situations, I wasn't expecting to get into. That's how God does it though. I plan my way, and he directs how it's going to be. When I get nervous, usually its fine. When I don't and expect things to go fine, usually things fall apart. For some reason God prepares me for the next step. Then he throws a trial at me, to sharpen me. I hate when that happens, because it numbs me up. In video production its translating your story, pics, video, music from your mind to a timeline and then to a 16:9 format. It takes time and think it through. It's this mentality and process that I develop when getting an idea. I don't make up stories, I tell them. It's like when I face a trial in my life, whats my process of conversion to strength in God? Is it the same as taking a production idea and putting it to the screen?

Hits me, in video production, there's a 3 step process, pre production, production, and post production. These 3 can take minutes or they can take forever. What's my process for finding strength in God? time? energy? stress? it's all the above. God wants to hear the true story from my heart (how I really feel) and he'll give me the strength in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?