Thursday, August 16, 2018

Boiling Water

Proverbs 18:21

The Tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.

I was making more hummingbird feeder today, since they were just sitting out there for a month empty. I thought no big deal lets get it done, I need some life to look at outside anyway. Something hit me as the water began to boil. I looked deep into the pot and it was filled with these dots, like goosebumps, as they grew they got bigger and started looking like eyes looking right at me. As they evaporated, more came up, but bigger, bigger eyes, staring at me, like it was my life, my experiences, my struggles, my everything, my being.  As it boiled, it occurred to me that my life wasn't in vain, but had purpose, when I was bullied, when I was told I would fail, when i was told my videos sucked, when I was told, I wouldn't graduated from High school, that no one wanted a video, no one needed me to shoot this event, to put that stupid camera away, the amount of money i brought home wasn't enough. Just no support that I needed. Then I think of the thank you notes that I have on my wall, the pics with happy clients. Those were harsh words, they brought death but I saw life ahead of me in my future that I couldn't ignore.  Sure I've said things I shouldn't and reaped what I sowed, but the life I see is after the water boils it the life those hummingbirds come for. Ya its the sugar water, but my point is, I had to go through that, I had to get those molecules out, to become who I am today. Crazy thing is, the water continues to boil and evaporate only to encourage and uplift those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?