Tuesday, August 21, 2018

I'm a farmer not a fighter - Charles Ingalls

Hebrews 10:35
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you.

As I sit here at Starbucks, I reflect on the different things that have made me confident. I find knowledge of things to be powerful, yet when I'm recognized or helpful to someone, that builds my confidence. Or just encouraging someone and uplifting them.  I find I don't get confidence without research and studying of a given subject. By studying God, and developing my relationship with Him, I have confident trust in Him, yet I get tempted to doubt him. I'm reminded of Charles Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie, I grew up watching the show and now as a grown man, it hits me differently. He had integrity, was just a farmer, but highly respected. He was simple and loved the Lord with confidence. It reflected in his family too, he protected them well. In an episode Mary and her husband get attacked in town, Charles gets word of it but doesn't really stand a chance in the fight. His friend shows up and takes care of the scumbags. How I aspire to be like him. I am so not like that I find. My brother is more like that. I'm more Mr. Edwards, I have the gray beard to show for it.

It hits me, I have to take what I have learned and grow with it, Im not just a video editor, I'm alot of things, I am who God made me. I can't farm, I'm not a mechanic, I'm not a handyman, I know some stuff. I just have a passion that won't let me go and that I fight for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?