Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cancer sin

Ephesians 6:10-12
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
 
At first I'm thinking...it's not against flesh and blood. I often think it is. Actually I found myself believing its not against flesh and blood but live like it is. Sip some coffee,  I read and think. Sometimes I feel I've got this cancer inside of me called sin. I've been serving my client singleton moms the past 3 years with video production. I've learned we all have cancer cells. Then I read this scripture and I'm reminded of how often I take my spiritual health for granted. One moment I'm full of the spirit the next totally sinning. I do remember what sin feels like and the consequences, but why don't I care in the moment? It's like for that moment, I believe the lie that war is against flesh and blood and not against the darkness. It's like the cancer comes back. How often do I agree, do just be agreeable, when I should stand up for the scriptures. My dad never has a problem with that, it seems. I guess I want to validate, when other guys or girls are saying things. It's like I'm sensitive and want to relate, even though I'm far from it. Then the cancer goes away and I'm free.


Hits me, I can fake it all I want, but people can tell, they know, they see. They get a vibe. They long for freedom just like I do. We both don't even know it. Why can't it happen another way. It's how God designed it. It's the devils scheme, in politics, the dark world, it's the hidden temptations that I forget about. Theirs a reason why Halloween and Christmas are back to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?