Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Second Wind

Isaiah 40:29-31
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
 
At first I'm thinking of the 2nd wind. That bit more of  energy I get when I'm on a long gig. What is a 2nd wind? Wikipedia calls this energy as the "runners high". Those moments in the race, that you have no energy or air to breath, and all the sudden, energy kicks in, and you just go for it. I've had a few moments of these, when I found out, there was more work to do after a operate was done. Or I still had a ton of editing to do at a shoot and I was ready for bed pretty much. Sip some coffee, I read and think. It's those moments spiritually and physically that I cry out to God for strength. I'm amazed of how often I don't though. How i'm suffering spiritually and hear the scriptures, but do nothing. It's like I don't believe God is strong enough to take on my problem. I can't get this 2nd wind on my own, it just happens. It's the hope in God, i have to believe. It's those moments of withdrawal where I find I have no hope, that God is there.

Hits me, even though I find myself desparate in my optumism, I need this 2nd wind to keep going. God provides too, he provides that scripture in my head, that person calling me up, that positive status on facebook, that job coming up. It's that "high" in a different shape and form that only God can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?