Monday, November 25, 2013

The Heat

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory.

Psalm 84:11a NLT

At first I'm thinking, this is a short verse and easily passed by. I've read things like this before. Sip some coffee, I read and think. How often do I not see God. When I screw up He gives me grace and when I'm obedient he give glory. I don't even credit Him. I find it to be a big humility thing, I also see it has a fear thing. Those things I lost before, I have fear of losing more. Why don't I just surrender and give up. I've been burned. I feel I'm not the same person my wife married. What happened? I can name a ton of stuff. I'm reminded of the movie "The Heat", that came out this year. I red boxed it last night. We really enjoyed it. It's a "mommy daddy movie" (pervasive language).  Sandra Bullok and Melissa McCarthy are an fbi agent and a police officer. They have their different styles with the criminals.  They both needed to humble themselves eventually. Bullok was all about following the book and getting promoted, McCarthy was all about getting the job done regardless. At first they're pissing each other off and at the end, Bullok is convinced that she can let lose. I have problems with trusting people, an argument with Susan this weekend convinced me of this. I'm too nice to the door to door sales people. Why can't I put my business brain on and shoe them away.

Hits me, God show's me light and is a shield. Bullok needed to see the light outside of the book. McCarthy needed to protect her. It was very tough for them to listen to each other, just it is for me to listen to God and other people around me. Time to bring on the heat I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?