Friday, March 8, 2013

Dead or alive, you're coming with me - Robocop

The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

John 10:10 NLT

At first I"m reminded of Robocop saying "dead or alive, you're coming with me". I'm amazed at the contrast between the theif's way and the God's way. Two different paths. The crazy thing is, the enemy likes me to think, I'm not worthy of the other path. I am not worthy of a rich and satisfying life. We're born as thieves to steal, kill, and destroy. This can be physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Sure I'm not going to physically steal, and kill, and destroy. But what about judging, bitterness, just emotional trauma. It's crazy. In Robocop, Murphy is a wounded cop who returns to the force as a cyborg, with memories haunting him. I'm amazed how of how God has used things in my marriage to bring us closer to him and to each other. It's through pain and suffering and perseverence. It's really weird. Why? He actually did the same thing with Jesus, he brought into the world only to have him killed in order to save. He  used the theives destroy technique to save us. So that I might find my purpose and have a rich and satisfying life. Yet he likes to take my past and use it to haunt me. Sip more coffee, I read and think. God is going to have me dead or alive. It's His way. The enemy is so pursuave and believable that things should be a different way. Jesus died and came alive, and is coming back soon.

Hits me, the thief's purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy. It doesn't seem like that because its a long steal, kill, and destroy. Robocop kept moving even though he was haunted by what almost killed him. I'm not supposed to live in my past, I'm supposed to know that God is going to take me dead or alive and gives me so many opportunities to live a rich and satisfying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?