Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ignorant Christian

1 Corinthians 10:1-5
For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea.  They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.  They all ate the same spiritual food  and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.  Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
 
At first I'm thinking that even though I've been saved, I am still going to sin. Not to say, go ahead and sin. Sip some coffee, I read and think. The words "ignorant of the fact" sticks out. How many times have I thought that since I go to church, my problems are gone? Or how many stories have I heard of pastors and other people doing stupid stuff and the phrase "but they were involved in ministry", but they were on the worship team, taught Sunday school, great mom, great dad", I just don't understand". Then I go the other side of: "they don't go here in anymore", they've left the church", I wonder how they're doing?" I wonder where they go?". I am in the "they" group now. Many people have given me the "church look of pity and empathy" I can't but think of a tread mill in my home (i don't have one) but would I let it just sit there and because its there, feel strengthened and refreshed? or would I use it and work out? I have found myself worshiping church and not God at times. I was involved heavily because I love God and saw so many ways to serve Him. But, did he want me burning myself out doing that? I found I was so focused on church and not God. It's like being so focused on doing a job and not on how i am profiting. I'm a faithful guy, I won't give up, you'll have to remove me. I remember in 1996, when K-love was first in Phoenix. They went off the air because no one was funding them. They were freaking out. I've also noticed other new churches on facebook, proposing plans of how they will get believers and funding.  What is this? a business? logically yes, funds and order are needed. But still God owns me. And thats why Christ came when he did, because thats how everyone was being taught. I can't believe how far back I slid. I found myself so stuck in performing at church that I forgot about what God was doing in me. The ideas for ministry will never leave, they will just keep coming. I read and think.

Hits me, I can't be "wide eyed" when someone falls into sin at church or in the past. I'm a sinner too, it can happen to anybody. I'm an addict too in who knows what else. I can't be an ignorant Christian and be thinking that just because people attended, were involved, faithful, all that hog wash, means they are fine and fixed. It's how they were with God, which is also none of my business, unless they want it to be. That all depends on my relationship with them. I am "they" now too. People at church approach me and tell me they miss me. I can't be an ignorant christian any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?