Sunday, March 24, 2013

Illusion vs Truth

The next day, the news that Jesus was on the way to Jerusalem swept through the city. A large crowd took palm branches and went down the road to meet him. They shouted, "Praise God! Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hail to the King of Israel."

John 12:12-13 NLT

At first I'm thinking, its Palm Sunday so of course the Palm Sunday verse. But what strikes me is that he didn't have to acknowledge himself this time. He was known. They said "Praise God, Hail to the King of Israel". He did not tell them to say that. They actually shouted it. This wasn't a sports team that was coming into an arena or a movie star who happened to coming in, it wasn't the pope. Then the following week he was crucified by the same people. Sip some coffee, I read and think.

When's the last time I spoke like that about God and then put him on the cross a week later? He forgave me for both because he planned on both.  That's Christ's character. I'm amazed of how star struck I get with celebrities. Would I be star struck if I saw Christ in person? When someone becomes another person all the sudden and they are believable, they bring you to a different place in your mind, to your imaginative side. They allow you to escape with them into a different world. When I produce a video, that's my idea. I have to keep the audience attentive in this world I just created for them. I can't lose them. Christs character was just like that, accept his was real, it wasn't an illusion, he really is the truth. He brings no illusion but true life, and for some reason I have a problem accepting that. I'll believe it and at times will live it.

Hits me, is my character that of Christ? Am I humble like Him? not always. The more I study Him like I watch movies, the more I'll be like Him. The more I'll praise Him and shout Him out, because He lives in me and won't leave because he's always after me until I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?