Sunday, June 30, 2013

Here comes the Boom

The Lord is my light and my salvation so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

Psalm 27:1 NLT

At first I'm reminded of a movie,  I watched last night, called "Here comes the boom" with Kevin James. Scott Voss is a Biology teacher who discovers that his school is dropping the music program due to budget cuts. So he sets out to get funds to be able to keep the program. He discovers mma fighting  through a student in a class he teaches at night. Scott was a wrestler in college and has no training for this type of fighting. But the winner gets 50k which is the amount needed for to keep the music program.  I read and think. His trainer told him, just jump into through ring and see what happens, then we'll know how to train. Scott does this, and gets demolished, yet he keeps training because he needs to get the music program back. How many times have I wanted to not jump in unprepared, many. This year, I've had to make business decisions that I hated, but were healthy. I've had to take my insecurities and believe I was wrong, and continue to pursue things. I've had to make a trip to places, that I wanted to procrastinate on. Scott ends up winning the big fight and gets the money.

Hits me, why should I be afraid? I've got God, especially when He's really knocking on me. He's my fortress, yet I don't believe He's possible, He's protecting me from danger, yet I'm scared when I'm trusting Him. Why am I trembling? He's my light. Scott had a goal, I'm a terrible goal setter. Even though Scott was totally out of his league, he went for it. When God is pulling me, I can't resist even though my mind and body tell me to. It sucks when God opens doors and I'm just afraid to walk through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?