Friday, June 14, 2013

OMG or Praise God!

O our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name!

1 Chronicles 29:13 NLT


This has got alot behind it. You don't just say this, there has to be reason behind it. I'd try just saying stuff like this because everyone else was, but it didn't work. It's like how many likes can I get? When people hear their name, they get confidence, unless its bad news. It's the craziest thing. That's why God sent His son, to be the credit and the people back then hated that, so do people these days. Honestly, it took along time to for me to give credit to people and God. I remember asking my parents, "after I sing a solo and people praise me, how do I respond?", They said, "praise God or it's all for God's glory". Then I learned to say thank you first. I'm amazed of how many people don't sit and watch the credits of a movie, they get up and go. Pretty much, they know the director and actors but could care less about everyone else. Star Wars was the first movie to have the credits at the end, 20th century fox almost pulled it from theatres on opening weekend because of that. I read and think, their's reason behind accreditation. It's when the person, that company, really blew you out of the water. Where they made the show awesome, its when they do what they say they will do. God says he will not leave me nor forsake me. Does that mean, I'll get what I want? maybe, maybe not. It means, He'll be with me regardless of what his plan is. Would I rather have him give me what I want and not be there all the time, or have him there always and watch him provide in His way?   This is where people start taking His name in vain. The name above all names, the one name that should never be taken invane....is. Simply because I don't get my way.  Because something happened to me that God probably hinted at, and I didn't listen. Then I keep silent because anger is not good and I hold it in so I look like I'm fine. Then what makes a name, glorious? what makes a name thankful and worthy of praise? For me its honesty, reliability, and communication. Isn't that what God is? He sure is honest, He's always there, and He communicates through all kinds of things. Then why the hesitation to praise Him? Am I disrespecting Him when I use a lower case h instead of an uppercase H?

Hits me, getting likes and credit will never end. I always feel weird putting my nak logo at the end of my videos. It's that part of my humanity that I'll never get over. Jesus said He was the credit and no one else. These days I find myself giving him credit only when I think its big. It's the experiences and growth that I receive from Him every day that are opportunities to trust Him and praise Him. Even when God uses a movie to speak to me, I need to sit and watch the credits and say thank you, I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?