Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pierced Integrity

Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord.
Psalm 119:1 NLT

The first thing that comes to mind is how much integrity it takes to be joyful. It's the step into following God's instructions that provided integrity. It's a sore spot for me at times. I am amazed of how much integrity the public wants. In business, if you show integrity and do what you say you're going to do, you're golden. If not, you're in trouble. Or its like in tools, how much integrity does this hammer have. Is it going to break? But being joyful? this is a big deal. I find that I give people the vibe that they can trust me, that I have integrity. I fight for integrity as much as the guy sitting next to me. I read and think. Is there a difference between joy and happiness? Is there a difference between having your sweatshirt or not. Can I be joyful alone without God? I have trouble following the instructions. Oh i can build a lego set step by step but when God's knocking on my heart, that's a different story. It's tough because what happens when I lose out. I try being joyful when I don't have integrity. Just doesn't happen. Why do I need to follow the instructions? Why can't there be an easier way? It's like why can't I just smile and be fine. It's following God. Is it that in this the day and age where speaking about God is still offensive? Yes. Actually its the day and age of offending and being offended. Only God can survive. I get kind of irritated with the christian community whenever something like the bible series is shown on TV. Why are we surprised? God is in control and everywhere, not just in scripture. Yes, when the scripture is preached, it is a piercing. When I hear worship music, it's a piercing. It's a piercing when Christ was here in person. The people weren't ready for that, and honestly still aren't.

Hits me, am I going to have integrity according to the word or according to me? It's a lot easier when I'm following God, unfortunately I get distracted and then I get pierced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?