Monday, June 17, 2013

Pitch Perfect

Live in harmony with each other.

Romans 12:16a NLT

I'm amazed when on vacation, my by biological time clock doesn't change as well. I woke up 4:30 on my own, on my first day of vacation. I felt fine, I was awake, it wasn't like I was trying to sleep. This is a get along with each other verse. Sip some coffee, I read and think. We're in Carlsbad, Ca for a few days. I need to get a mug. Harmony sticks out to me in this one. Whenever I hear that word, I think of singing. Singing harmony is natural to me. But really it's a natural way to sing. It definitely enhances the song, when you hear the same line being song in harmony with the melody. It's not a back up, its enhances, but just a little. Harmony supports the people. It's not that I'm going to agree all the time with others but something I need to decide in myself to do. "Live" also pops out at me. Meaning that, even if I just don't get along with someone? I need to seek to understand them. That's very challenging with some people, who I just want to leave alone and wish I never met. I'm reminded of the In-laws, not the remake but the original with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin. My mother in-law lent it to me a month ago and I can say, it's not my favorite. Both actors did a great job, but I can't handle those kind of comedies where things just keep happening and theres no real resolution until the end. But my point is, these two guys had to work hard to live in harmony with each other since their their kids were getting married. Peter Falk works for the CIA (you don't really believe that until the end) and Alan Arkin is a successful dentist. Peter falk persuades his future in-law to help him take care of an undercover operation (alan has no idea what anything is all about, until bullits start flying). In the end of the movie, they both are living in harmony together. They both have great hearts and are both very different. I'm also reminded of Pitch Perfect, a movie about acappela singing. The girls ended up living in harmony in order to get along to win the competition. They actually took the theme of the breakfast club and applied it to their relationships with each other. I'm amazed of how getting along with people is so essential in the family and the work place.

Hits me, we're all in this earth together, for that very act of harmony, God sent his son. We were screwing it up. I'm amazed of how much judgement i throw on people because of my insecurity. I'm amazed of how accepting I am of crap thrown at me. I'm also amazed of how much I bend the truth of God's word to live in harmony with someone else. Yet he who is without sin, cast the first stone. Harmony isn't singing the same key, it's referred to as the vertical aspect of music, and melody being the horizontal. Its a change in pitch. That pitch can be a blessing or a curse. If I keep listening to God and sometimes asking for grace with someone, that pitch will come naturally and sometimes in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?