Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Walk this way

The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them.
Proverbs 20:7 NLT


At first I'm thinking, how do I walk in this life? Then I read it again and integrity pops out and then again. walk with integrity. It's crazy of how in this day and age, integrity is an option and not an honor. I find myself dealing with it in all areas.
Wikipedia defines it as Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions. Integrity can be regarded as the opposite of hypocrisy,[1] in that integrity regards internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties holding apparently conflicting values should account for the discrepancy or alter their beliefs. Man have I screwed this up.

Sip some coffee, I read and think. People who have integrity are sometimes hard to approach due to my insecurity of not being like them. Sometimes I feel like I'm a flake, and I don't want to be a flake. I want to be respected. You earn respect, you don't ask for it. This bible, these scriptures, this life that is called godly, what is it? Is it that integrity is only for the godly? It's considered old fashioned today almost. It's even crazier in marriage, raising your children without being selfish. It's knowing how to discipline and being fair. Having integrity with your mind, eyes, business, family, friends. Where do you draw the line? Am I willing to end friendships due to my beliefs or can I agree to disagree? I find myself in a constant battle between pain and gain. It's a spiritual work out to be godly. It's standing up and leaving, or showing up and staying. Just like what Gandolph said:

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Hits me, God gives me all kinds of opportunities to have integrity. And thats integrity without judgement. It's about walking a godly way, keeping my word, managing my impulses, speaking the truth. the first lines from Fellowship of the ring come to mind.

Galadriel: The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it. It began with the forging of the Great Rings. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of men, who, above all else, desire power. But they were, all of them, deceived, for another Ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret a master Ring, to control all others. And into this Ring he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One Ring to rule them all.

I need to walk a certain way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?