Thursday, September 6, 2012

Calling a stranger for help

Then when you call, the Lord will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply.
Isaiah 58:9 NLT

The first thing I think of, is when I call. I have to call on God. When do i need to ask for help? sometimes too late. I'm am tired again, we've been transcribing interviews this week and shooting videos. The reason we transcribe is to transfer the audible to text, that way we can write out the script. In the movies, the writers make up the dialog, in our case the single parents are the writers and telling their story, so in order not to miss anything, transcribing is needed. One of the main things that the women have had to deal with is asking for help. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm one of those people who don't ask for help until sometimes its too late or people come up to me asking if i need help when I'm about done. I can admit depending on whats going on if I need help or not. I can't but think of the Singleton moms. These single moms with cancer and hearing their stories. How this non-profit has taken the things we consider part of our lives and come around these parents in need with support. The mothers all spoke of how they heard of Singleton moms, and the many ways that they were helped. I'm amazed when I do ask for help and its given. The mom's spoke of hurds of women flooding into their home to clean it, the "we don't take no for an answer" philosophy. Many of them said "complete strangers walking into your home with smiles". This is vulnerable, i'm not used to having people over, I always get nervous that they'll think I'm dirty or something or it smells weird. Hits me, there's something inside me that hesitates to ask for help, however when I see a need, I jump at it. I'm getting better at asking for help, God's there, sometimes he feels like a stranger, he may not give me the answer i want, but he will be quick to reply in a way thats best for me in his time. Singleton moms has a waiting list, its big, too big. You will get a reply and care, they will call you up and check on you, they will give you the emotional support you need during your treatment. God provides those people, he ignites the fire within them to reachout and to answer when you call. He does things like that. We don't get it, and we don't understand, but we need to accept it.

If you want to help or need help. singletonmoms.org and like them on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?