Friday, September 7, 2012

The mechanics and chemistry of marriage

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind. And, love your neighbor as yourself.
Luke 10:27 NLT

I woke up this morning very tired, just alot of late nights again, continueing to transcribe and get other videos out. While getting ready for the day I began to think about the mechanics and chemistry that build a marriage. As I read this passage, I think of my relationship with God and how many times I don't apply this to God. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of wedding vows. Better or worse, sickness and health, death do us part, richer or poorer, and these days? until i'm not happy anymore. Then I'm reminded of how my relationship with God affects my relationship with my wife which affects my relationship with others. I think of the mechanics or the reactions I have to the chemical imbalance of my relationship or lack of it at times with God. Do I love the Lord my God with all my heart? not all ways, I don't think about it always. All my soul? I don't think about that much either, but sure. Strength? Mind? My neighbor? So many different situations affect my walk with God which affects my marriage and friendships, and vice versa. If' I'm in a bad mood in my marriage, I don't want to talk to God, then if i'm in a bad mood at work, I don't think of talking to God, all that chemistry is affected in different elements. Then there's the friendships with other people when your married which is totally affected by how your marriage is with your spouse and how well you two are getting along. If I'm not putting in an effort to work on the things that are important to the health of my marriage with my wife, then the chemistry in my business and my relationship to others is affected. These are things that aren't told you before you get married. It all starts with my relationship with God, If I strive to work on the mechanics and my chemistry with God, everything else will fall into place. That's where the battle begins, and where God puts things in the way to draw me closer to Him. Hits me, sure I can have a good work ethic and go crazy providing for my family because I want to have a retirement and good future, nice place to live, plan date nights vacations, but if my heart isn't in it, if its not with God, if my mechanics are not alligning to make the chemistry, I'll just feel numb inside. My love for God comes first, especially as the husband, as a child of God. Not passion for anything or anybody else, regardless of what the situation is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?