Sunday, September 9, 2012

If you'd lost all your faith, I couldn't be here. And here I am. - Fairy Godmother

I took my troubles to the LORD; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.
Psalm 120:1 NLT

At first I'm thinking, when do I? and then why don't I enough? I slept ok last night. I have a wedding to do today. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I'm reminded of Cinderella, it seems to be all Shayne wants to watch these days. How this orphaned little girl gets into a step family, and due to her beauty is made a slave pretty much. She had to wait on her step mom and step sisters hand and foot. The only friends she had were the animals within the house. When the invitation to the ball comes, her step mother makes it impossible for her to go, when the animals help her out, the step mom leaves her in rags all due to her beauty. How many times have I felt like that in my career or my life? why isn't God blessing me, like it appears He's blessing people around me? As cinderella cries by the fountain her fairy godmother appears and says that she heard her faith behind the weeping. As she prepares her for the ball, she arrrives just her step sisters are making their appearance. The Prince sees her not them, as she wonder's around lost and vulnerable. Then it hit me, if her step mother hadn't ransacked her dress, she wouldn't get her fairy god mother, and she wouldn't have been late for the ball. It was all timed perfectly. Hits me, Cinderella weeped and just lost it, she had been through so much pain with her new family, treated so poorly, but there were other plans for her, despite the slavery she was in. Her prayer was answered, and due to her clumsyness with her slippers falling off all the time, it paid off in her behalf, when she had to reveal the other half of the pair to prove she was who the prince was looking for. Regardless of how many times I don't think God really wants to hear my anger or how I really feel about something, he does. He's got plans, not the way I see it, but His way, he's way different and even when the enemy thinks he's got me, God's using that scene to prep for his glory. Cinderella was the second princess introduced by Disney, however created in 1697 and actually means :whose attributes was unrecognised, or one who unexpectedly achieves recognition or success after a period of obscurity and neglect. Regardless of how I feel about myself at times, God hear's my heart and will answer, even when I don't mean it, he knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?