Friday, September 21, 2012

The Need to Save God

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
Ephesians 2:8 NLT

At first I'm can't but think of the Men's Dinner that we had last night. Mainly the talk that Kurt Cotter gave about Paul. One thing he made us really remember was the phrase " by the grace of God, I am what I am". I had never thought about life and who I was until that point. I was actually feeling kind of depressed while I shot the sermon because, I could see maybe 25 guys in the chapel. I had worked so hard since the retreat to promote this event and seemed like my epectations were shot. I honestly went to the dinner truely believing that none of my promoting worked, and I was right, it didn't, lol. I only had 4 likes on facebook, we were way late with putting the promo out ( the night before). On the way to the dinner, I just prayed that God would be bring those he wanted (typical ministry prayer). We wanted young men to be there, and young men weren't really, it was the same old supporters as before (other than the worship team filled with young guys). Yet something compelled me as I felt stupid about my ambitions for the group. I knew I had to keep plugging away at it. I'm tired, sip some coffee, I read and think. I find myself seeing potential in people, organizations, and projects, but I also find myself getting this thought, that I'll do the work and everyone will think I'm the man at times. I think I belong in television, people have told me I'd be perfect for the news. My mind is in contant connection mode I feel. And I'm amazed of how often I think I need to save the world. I think thats where I get this "my way or the highway attitude". I think I get that attitude from my rejection years. Out of rejection I found that I had to really believe in myself whether it was just trying to understand the teacher and the lesson in the way best for me or in the work place, translating instructions in a way that was best for me, regardless of how I was treated. It's through that process of not feeling rejected I appear to have a prideful view of my way or the high way. Do I take credit for becoming a christian and believing? no, but do i want credit for my actions and promoting people? not always. I have the gift of encouragement, and when I come across something that I see important for anybody or simply has potential, I run with it and am passionate about it.  Hits me, God has saved me, not me saving God. He is saving people , not me saving people, I get that backwards, He does the work. No need to stress over numbers or quantity, God is doing his thing how wants to and when He wants to, I just simply need to obey, and can only by his grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?