Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Marion, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Marion. Don't look at it, no matter what happens! - Indiana Jones

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
Philippians 2:13 NLT

I always get this stuff backwards, I tend to live my life for God instead recognizing his working in me. Then I battle myself with the desire that he gave me, trying to make sure its not me who's doing it but him, its not an interest, a hobby, but his calling at the moment. I slept ok, took theraflu last night, now as soon as it wore off, i woke up around 3 am, so I got about 6 hours of sleep. I'm amazed of how many people give advice on how to get better. I've been working on this new business around the clock since April and now my body wants a break I guess. I read and think, I'm reminded of Raider's of the lost ark, why? because susan and I are going to see it in Imax tomorrow night. There's something about Indiana Jones that has always intrigued and inspired me. Not only does he get in way over his head but he has a passion for what's right, and will do whatever he can to make it right. He wasn't saved, but it goes to tell me, that God is always working in people even if they don't know him, how else do we find out accept for his still small voice. I can't but think of the ending scene when they're opening the ark, and indy says to Marian " Marion, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Marion. Don't look at it, no matter what happens!" Indy respected that ark and it who it represented. God gave him the desire for truth and preservation. I find myself in the same boat at times with video production, seeing a non-profit or corporation that is in dire need of promotion. God implants on me, and sometimes i do need to have discernment, yet make sure I'm doing what he wants me to do. Indy was determined to save the ark, when it came time to open it up, he simply could only respect the father of whom it was all about, by shutting his eyes in humility. I have to let God be who he wants me to be, whatever desires and power he wants to give me, I need to take use as I feel he wants me to. Indy and Marion were the only ones who truly respected the ark, I need to learn from them, and in the littlest things obey God, even when its seems weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?