Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ultimate Understanding

Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.
Colossians 1:10 NLT
At first I'm thinking that I've heard this in so many sermons, or lecturers, or something. Its the truth, there's a lot here. I'm tired this morning, worked late last night. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I had to look a few scriptures back to see what was really going on here. This is a training that Paul was giving Colossa, he was praying for them to have knowledge and wisdom. I look at it as a programming and training that never ends. I'm reminded again of Home Theater sales back at Ultimate, when I was in training for 2 weeks prior to hitting the sales floor. I was amazed of how much I didn't know about people. I really like Ultimate's Philosophy about putting the customer first and not the money. It was that week that Ultimate had been purchased by Hollywood videos former owner, February of '05. In the next 3 weeks, all my trainers for let go. I was in the last training school without even knowing it. As I entered the sales floor not knowing what would have happen in a week, I began to use my training and 6 weeks later, we had to review our training and take tests again. These tests were for knowlege in products and sales.  They weren't easy and Ultimate wanted us to make sure that we weren't just selling stuff, they wanted us to understand what we were doing. I was one of those guys, that really tried to learn stuff, I had to learn to relax though. I find in my walk with God, I get too relaxed and just assume people are saved or dont' want to be bothered, my biggest problem was I was afraid to ask for the sale. My biggest problem at times is I'm afraid to lead them to Christ. Or I don't even honor God at all, because they tell me later they never knew I was saved. When began closing the store in April, May, and June, I began learning to close my sales, it wasn't easy, but I did it. I learned to build a bridge and continue to get trained by my colleages. I find in my walk with God, I need to listen to my brothers and sisters for knowledge and understanding in this life even when I don't agree, I need to listen. It's those examples that help me become relaxed and in turn help me to mentor and bare fruit of my own without knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?