Friday, September 14, 2012

Selfish Giving

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
Luke 6:38 NLT
The first thing that I think of is the feeling I get of doubt before I help someone out, out of the blue. I debate depending on who it is, or I without thinking about it, just help. We saw Raiders of the Lost Ark for date night last night in Imax, it was fun, they really did a good job on restoring that film, the sound was amazing. I can't believe I spent $22 on two waters and a large popcorn, fortunately it was gift cards, but still. Sip some coffee,  I read and think, I'm reminded of the business world, and the amount of time, energy, and resources that goes into getting a business going. My partner has recently realized of how much I don't understand about that stuff, but I listen to him. Hard work pays off, I'm also reminded of again of Raiders, how Indy just wouldn't give up on the ark, and he still lost it to the U.S. when they wouldn't let the museum have the ark once he had it. What's interesting to me though, is how God puts people into my life without me realizing it. To draw us both closer to him, like this project were working on with Single parents with cancer. The amount of people that have come into these moms lives to assist them during there treatment completely volunteered. There are only two employees, all the rest volunteers to help 20 single parents every month with there practical needs while going through treatment. Giving is tuff at times, it makes you go into your heart, into that spot of selflessness, that spot beyond selfishness, that area that you think too much about and access everything. For me its not hard to access all depending on what I think I need to do. Sometimes its just tough, if its money or if its services, what is it? I read and think, the amount you give will determine that amount you get back? This is a big deal, its this feeling of being blessed by blessing someone else. The doubts I have prior to doing, the negative thoughts i get, the frustration, the temptations. Hits me, sure I can go to church and give all  I want because thats what I do, but when its out of the ordinary and in public, when I'm fighting myself, that's when it really counts, thats when the connections are being made, its those moments when you stop your day, when its out of the norm for me, when Gods saying obey me. it's these women helping single parents with cancer that they have never met to find hope, help and support through their treatment. The blessing will be abundant and poured into your lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?