Friday, January 4, 2013

Behind the scenes

Hebrews 4:14-16
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.  Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 
 
At first I'm not sure what to think as always. However this morning I impulsively searched for behind the scenes in the movies. This scripture really makes me think of the behind the scenes in my life. The things that make me who I am. I'm also reminded of when I get into production and get my lighting out. I love creating that interview scene, setting up that shot. Whenever I watch a movie with special features, I'm always interested to see how they made everything. I like to see what the director was thinking, even watch the movie with commentary about a certain scene. Whenever I'm in production i try to take photos of the set as well.  To me the makings is what makes the editing possible. I find I see christ the same way. He's behind the scenes living in me. I ignore him like I do the credits. All these people in this long scroll which I simply just turn off and eject the dvd or leave the theatre. These are the people that made everything. These are the camera people, make up, set designers, the people that created the movie world for my enjoyment, which took years to make. Yet I only look at the actors, the people that are made to look good. I find myself not even thinking about the credits. When I produce videos, the credits are as important as the video. Giving credit is huge or else I'll look terrible. I read and think. Here's Christ's example of unity. How he directs me is up to him. I can go on in this movie I call life and Christ will knock on my heart and say do this or do that. Listen to your wife, or say no to this job, or we need to talk because you're getting out of character. When Christ yells cut, I need to stop. His example on earth was what I need to follow, and he'll show me each scene. 
 
Hits me, I love behind the scenes photos, I love telling peoples stories. What about telling Christ's work in me? I find I have to give credit to where credits due. Christ is behind the scenes, he wants me to seek his direction in my life, not him seeking my direction.  I can't live his life without Him directing me or the people who puts in my life to help protect me. Oh I will try, believe I'm really good at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?