Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hugo

Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles He performs for people!

Psalm 66:5 NLT

Its been a crazy few weeks in our home. Last week we were in the hospital with Shayne, she gave us her flu and now she's better this week and mommy and daddy are struggling with it as we continue to work. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I first thought it said, God will make a way. But I find it saying "look back and see what God did". How many times have I thought the other. I'm always in the mindset of "I'll see what God is going to do" How he'll use me. But I don't look back and see how I got to where I was. I look back too much at wonder why I'm not where I want to be. It's really weird. I'm very optimistic, I'm always looking to see where God wants me and my servants attitude but I have a hard time looking at my past and thanking God for it and seeing the awesome miracle he performed.

I'm reminded of the movie Hugo. I got it for Christmas from my mother in law and after seeing bits a pieces of it over a 3 week period, I really enjoyed it. Hugo is a boy who's dad has died. Prior to his dads death, they had both discovered, kind of a robot, and were in the process of fixing it. Hugo begins fixing the robot on his own by stealing different mechanical toys from a toy shop. He is fascinated by the owner and simply won't leave him alone. Once the robot is fixed it begins to draw strange pictures that Hugo brings to the owners attention. The pictures reveal the owners past as a magician and a movie maker. At first he's very upset with Hugo, Hugo eventually comes across a film historian who is a big fan of the owners films. This meetings ignites a film tribute night for the owner that was 30 years in the making. Hugo finds a new home with owner and his grand daughter (i forgot to mention her). How many times have I just left my past behind and hated it? Why don't I look for God in it? Hugo was only trying to finish what his dad and him had started, he wasn't expecting to find a new family to be part of. The owner was expecting to just be a toy collector and leave his glory days behind. As I look back at my past, I need to see how God was there, sure I'll be resentful and angry and try to figure out what happened, then what?

Hits me, sure by habit I'm going to be angry one way or another about how I was raised or why I was rejected, or I made this choice or that one. Or why I was treated a certain way. God was there, I was miserable, but now he's made me who I am, and He's constantly knocking on me for the move, so when I look back and see Him there, and not a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?