Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Secret Weapon - Petra

The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

James 5:16b NLT

The first thing I think of is not having the power of prayer within me. However, I feel it when someones prays for me. I don't feel it when I pray for someone else. It's like acknowledging someone. It's awkward, it feels better to be acknowledged. Sip some coffee, I read think. It's this battle between having confidence and believing in God. What makes me righteous? The dicitionary defines this as morally right, justifiable, virtuous. Man I am none of those at times, I'm terrible.  Then there are moments when I am.

Prayer is as Petra puts it the "secret weapon". When someone has an issue on facebook and really speaks their heart, I comment "praying". I remember in college in my radio broadcasting class, my teacher would cuss up a storm. I thought I'm just going to pray for him like crazy until he stops. He never stopped. Then there are the moments when I pray that I can find something at home, and I find it. Sometimes I feel that I feel its not the right time to pray for someone. What is prayer though? the dictionary again says " a plea, help, devout petition to God." I remember being in a worship prayer time before church and praying for who was going to be there. I'm reminded of the many movies that have people praying in them: Bruce Almighty, It's a wonderful life, Shenandoah, Forrest Gump. Prayer is a weapon against the enemy. When two or more are gathered. Only two. I've lost count of the many shows that I been in where I've prayed for them to run seamlessly.

Petra lyrics hit me though. 

I've waited patiently for your reply 
You say you'll come around, by and by 
I've tried to show the way into the light 
But I just won't let you go, without a fight
You think my hands are tied 

But you will never hide, 
no I've got you in my sight, day and night
I've got a secret weapon 

I'll pray for you  
I've got a secret weapon  
Gonna get through
 
Then there's "Get On Your Knees and Fight like a man" by Petra
 
Out on your own with your own self reliance
You've got no one to watch your back
You find yourself caught with no strong alliance
You've been left open for attack
Over your head the condition is graver
You've given ground you can't retreive
The cards are stacked and they're not in your favor
But you've got an ace up your sleeve
[Chorus]
Get on your knees and fight like a man
You'll pull down strongholds if you just believe you can
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net ]
Your enemy will tuck his tail and flee
Get on your knees and fight like a man
Under the gun you've got no place to hide out
Backed in the corner on your own
This is one storm you are destined to ride out
One way to leave the danger zone
You've got the backbone to fight this tide
You've got the will to survive
You've got the weapon, it's at your side
You've got to learn to confide
 
Man this blog is all over the place

When my daughter shoots me a quick prayer, I feel it. No need for thick words and a deep toned voice. 
What happens when my prayer isn't answered the way I really wanted it to be? Back in 2010 we were praying for prosperity for my video company and I ended up closing it. We had a terrible year, why? According to us it was terrible, but through God's eyes he was doing things that we couldn't see yet. It's like digital vs. analog. You can't see it until you get a converter. I am mortal and God is eternal, when it's time for me to see, he'll convert it for me and I'll see. He'll open my eyes.

Hits me, even if I don't feel righteous, I am still His child, he wants me to use this secret weapon regardless of how I feel or what mood I'm in. He wants me to get on my knees and fight like a man.
I'll kneel to tape a cable down but why do I have trouble kneeling to pray? God doesn't care how I pray as long as He hears my heart. However kneeling does provoke more prayers for some reason. He wants me to see this life through His eyes, He's the only one that open them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?