Sunday, April 15, 2012

Before there was a Nation, They Fought for freedom - The Patriot

“Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.” Romans 13:6-7 NLT

At first I'm thinking, what government are we talking about? They are serving God? I don't think so. What a crazy week, just a lot of decisions to make. I hate decisions at times. I slept ok last night, was very tired yesterday though. Sip some coffee I read and think. I'm reminded of the line Popeye with Robin Williams. I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. Paying people back has always been tough. In the moment they give you a few dollars, then that few dollars to pay them back all the sudden is sitting in your wallet forever, even when I see them I forget. I don't know much about governmment things these days but I do know they take alot of money and don't use it wisely. That's hard for me to give them.Yet my wife has told me, I need to bite the bullet and play the game and follow the rules.  It's April 15th, tax day.. Also my parents anniversary. It's very tough for me to respect people who prove that they don't know what they're doing. I hear so many nice phrases from leaders but see no or very little results. I'm reminded of the Patriot when in the meeting room they are complaining about 1 tyrant 300 miles away but fail to realize the 300 tyrants 1 mile away. It also reminds me of the lack of respect many churches have for their audio visual teams. The leadership wants so much but won't pay any money for it yet they have money and spend it other things. Then complain why things things didn't work technically. We didn't have money to fix it. I read and think, sigh. I find I have a problem with balancing personal feelings with corporate attitude. I feel it in church a lot too. But why? Hits me, Benjamin Martin had 7 kids, he had a bad past of war which only selected leaders knew about. He didn't want to take part in any of it. It wasn't until the war began effecting his family that he got involved that he took action. He went in personally which is how God wants me to be. Yes pay my taxes, even if I don't agree, give respect to those in authority, even if I don't agree. In the trailer of the Patriot, the titles before they were soldiers, they were family" fly by, then "before there was a nation, there was a fight for freedom". God knows what going on in my life for my fight for freedom from whatever holds me back, regardless if the government is behind it or not. He's bigger than them, even though it doesn't seem like that at times. He is. How many times has God aloud me to go through termoil to come out stronger? How many chances has he given me to turn back to him? To see the life through His eyes. Benjamin Martin, had to face enemies again but this time with his family. I don't want to look back at my past for strength, I want to forget about it. God's not like that though, His ways aren't my ways. He doesn't go by a calender year. Its his way of showing me how much He really is involved especially when I feel like He's not. I have to remember that He took care of that freedom on the cross and I need to share that with my nation and act like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?