Monday, April 2, 2012

Accepting the Unexpected

“As Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside privately and told them what was going to happen to him. “Listen,” he said, “we’re going up to Jerusalem, where the Son of Man will be betrayed to the leading priests and the teachers of religious law. They will sentence him to die. Then they will hand him over to the Romans to be mocked, flogged with a whip, and crucified. But on the third day he will be raised from the dead.”” Matthew 20: 17-19 NLT

I'm thinking what's the catch? Then I'm thinking, how many times do I not used to take people seriously? I slept ok, last night, not the best. A lot going on today. Its Easter week. I can tell that Biblegateway.com is making things for the holiday. Great need for coffee this morning. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm amazed of how prideful I can get a times. I notice a new product, I either claim it won't last and it does. I claim it will, and it doesn't. Yet I still stick my guns and won't back down. It's like everyone tells me, they would have bought stock in apple, if they only had known 30 years ago that it would be as big as it is. Just like the Ipad. When it first came out, all of my fellow technicians claimed it was a "toy". Now they say nothing. It was like the Nintendo WII. It came out the following weekend that the PS3 did. No one was in line for the Wii but two people. Yet they couldn't keep up with the demands. Yet the competition had to follow where the customers were going, not where they wanted the customers to go. I'm also reminded of Forrest Gump, how he kept his word to Bubba and started a shrimp business. Everyone laughed but he kept his word. I think of God, how many times I have crucified him again. I have flogged him with a whip. I haven't trusted Him. How many times have I agreed with God's potential but not believed he would follow through? Why am I so fear based? It's hard to take risks. I read and think, it's crazy of how I have not taken scritpure or people seriously at times. I've learned in the past 5 years to act upon someones suggestion and trust them. doing this has taught me to be honest with people, due to there honestly to begin with. As I read it again, that's pretty intense. How would have I reacted to Christ telling me that. I would have tried to stop it. But yet again, looking at the ending goal, I would have asked if there was any other way you can do this in a safer way, that doesn't involve you dieing? Hits me, when am I going to take God seriously? I can assume, judge, go with my instinct on anything. Yet God continues to remind me of His truth that He followed through with. Forrest followed through, after people laughed and viewed him as a little slow. God doesn't do what I say, He does what His word says, I have to believe it and trust Him and not just view it as a bible thought, but as someone to live for as my example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?