Monday, April 9, 2012

Traffic Report

“The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.” Hebrews 1:3 NLT

At first I'm thinking, how could I miss that? I'm tired this morning. We had a nice Easter yesterday, I'm amazed how I hard it is for me to really ponder the true meaning of Easter, Christmas, communion, etc. So much family and friends that I never see until the holidays. Its fun, but was this all going on back in the day? Of course not. I read and think, I find myself getting tired of this bible talk. What does this mean? I find I can read this scripture and know what its talking about, but do I apply it to my life. I can walk outside and say "wow . God this is beautiful" but do I believe it the way He wants me to? Who is this character of God, what is glory? I find I have to remove the organized religion off of my face and my back and look at this word for what it is. It's so difficult to. I keep on reading this in no appreciation at all. It's like seeing a stop light and not saying anything because I know what it means. There are no words, just the color red. I know what it means and I hopefully will listen or I'll get into an accident. With this Gods' word, I find I treat it the same way, yet I shouldn't. Sure I know it, but do I obey it? The traffic reports don't tell me how to drive but where to drive, they don't tell me what the red light means, yellow, and green. They tell me where the accidents are Hits me, God sent his son to show me how he really intended for me live this life. In return I crucified him because he didn't go along with the standards I was taught to believe. By rising from the dead, everything I was taught to believe was proven to be wrong and the phrophesies were fullfilled, and I still have trouble believing it. In a way my life is like a traffic report, He warns where the danger is, will I be interested to see what happened or stay away from it? He was the very character of his Father, pretty simple. Just like red means stop and green means go, depending on the situation will depend on how much I respect those rules. If I choose not respect God's son and that he's not the character, I'm choosing not to live in that freedom that He has to offer. Sure I can just drive and decide whether or not to obey the laws depending on my urgency and get myself killed or I can accept the son and that he expresses God's own character and let him live in me and instead of fight with in me to live the way He wants me to live. His message is a simple as red yellow and green, I just have to really pay attention to His report and obey him, learn from my mistakes and trust His word, even if its something i know like the back of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?