Wednesday, April 25, 2012

X marks the spot - Indiana Jones

“For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory. So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ.” Colossians 1:27-28 NLT

The first thing that I think of with this one, is telling someone something they don't want to here. Like you need to go to school. I live in such of a I want to know now society. Didn't sleep well again. Shayne is battling allergies, she and mommy and daddy were very tired last night, and went to bed early but we ended up giving her her inhaler (only for slight weezing and coughing) and allergy meds around 12:30. She slept fine the rest of the night. Coffee's good this morning. I'm actually sipping coffee as I read and think, no joke. I'm reminded of when I was in Germany and the language barrier there. I was so passionate about God but couldn't speak German. I was looking so forward to coming back to the states and just exploding the gospel. When I did, the reception wasn't what I expected. Its almost as the people already knew Jesus and didn't want to hear more. I was stumped. The more openly I spoke of his work in my life, the more restless they got. Not what I was going for. Its like being willing to watch someone make a mistake and then ask you for help in fixing it. It's almost as though I have to start with why I don't take God's name in vain. I have a shirt from high school that says "God's last name is not dammit". It goes to tell me that everyone knows God for that reason, to condemn him. I'm also reminded of when I started training in audio visual and home theater. I can now open a computer up, look in back of home theater set and understand everything. At church I can look at what they are doing and tell them why they're not getting the result they want and how they can. All the rules need to be followed even if you don't understand them. Even when they seem too complicated. It also goes along with who you trust. My church along with many other church's has that same flu bug that only someone you don't know will have the right answer but never someone who attends, because the answer is never just in front of your face. X marks the spot Indiana Jones and the last crusade. Hits me, just as the gospel message is simple, always waiting for me. Just like Indiana Jones taught his class that x never ever marks the spot, is just that one thing that proves me wrong and oh the battle I get into to face what I thought was fact and now look at it as fiction. Christ can't be condemned, even though I do, He's the answer, even though I don't want to admit, no need for understanding and troubleshooting even though I do. X marks the spot, He's in front of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?