Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hey, You guys! - Sloth

“My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 NLT

It's almost easter, but today is when Christ was still in the grave. It's those moments when you're remembering Him and everything he did, becuase he's gone. But so much happened after he took his final breath that through me off.. Time didn't just continue. An earthquake, the veil, all kind of prophesies came to be. I slept weird last night, Shayne kept waking up, we just didn't have a full night.
Good coffee though, I'm reminded of the ends of movies when all the hard work is done. A climactic thing happens. The unexpected, in Goonies, chunk shows up with Sloth. Sure I knew Chunk was making his way, but really didn't care. In the Matrix, when Trinity ends up telling Neo that she loves him, all the sudden Neo is able to control the Matrix and litereally breath into it. I read and think, I can't but remember the many movies about people who are needed for an assignment yet refuse to join, but end up anyway. It's almost predictable until something happens to hit home. It's like realizing I need to be nice to people that I work with and work with them too. You'd think thats common sense. What is my old self? What is my new self? Sure I know, but do I? I knew whats wrong and I know what's right. Today is a day of confusion, but knowing tomorrow was when he rose, I know the ending of the movie. But how do I live even though I know the ending. Hits me, God used his son, in the Goonies, Chunk and Sloth, saved the day, in the Matrix Neo didn't believe he was anyone and love came to show him who he was. I can live my life with many hopes and dreams of what society offers and demands. The wealthiest men never went to college. Everyday will throw me through leaps and bounds and God will give me all kinds of opportunities to see how I need to trust Him. Just as Sloth and Chunk surprised everyone when they were stuck, is the same way God surprises me with reasons to trust Him. I'll catch myself at times not trusting Him, yet He'll hint to me to come back, even when I'm downright confused on whats going on. He whispers, just be. He has to continue to remind me, even with all the knowledge I have of stuff, He lives within me, and will continue to remind me that He gave himself for me. Just as Sloth yelled " Hey you guys!" is the same way He gets my attention that He's saved me. He uses the unpredictable, because He is unpredictable. Sloth was the It, he was scary, yet became everyone's friend at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?