Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You're gunna need a bigger boat - Brody

“When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” Romans 5:6-8 NLT

At first I'm appreciating this because the holiday is over and the scripture remains the same. I slept ok last night, not the best. A lot on my mind this week. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I'm reminded of Jaws. The Steven Speilberg thriller in 1975 summer (I was born a year later). In the movie, the search is on for a shark that killed a woman and then a boy. The attack attracts the attention of local shark hunter Quint and Marine biologist Matt Hooper who eventually get very obsessed with killing this massive shark. Jaws was way too big for theses guys, yet they were determined to finish him. How many times do I hold on to things that drive my boat underwater? How many times do things pop up that without me knowing it, put me face to face with Jaws? It's seems life threatening. "You're gunna need a bigger boat". How many times have I had to admit I can't do it. It's failure. These two passionate men, were in over there heads. There are moments in my life when I don't realize what I got myself into. I feel stuck or am so zoned out that I didn't realize the bondage I was in. Hits me, just as Harper and Brody battled this shark that was killing people, is the same way I try to fight the things that are out to get me. Yet that's when Christ came for me. It's that moment when I need to let someone else drive the car because I'm too tired and erase my pride, it's that moment when I have to give up the editing job because I just don't have time for it. It's that moment when I need to get off facebook and spend time with the family. Christ is my bigger boat that I never knew I needed. Because if I don't get that bigger boat, I will die, yet He died for me so I could be free and let him live in me and discover I have nothing to be afraid of because he controls all the fish out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?